Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Skiing in the Alps Anyone?


Crisp clear morning in the Alps

When the weather outside is frightful...go skiing!!!! There was no way that I was going to go to Austria and not take advantage of the wonderful Austrian Alps!

All set to hit the slopes
Up we go!
We had an extended weekend in February where we took a bus up to Radstadt, rented our gear and holed up to ski! I don't know which was better, the perfect weather, my wonderful ski buddies, or the fact that I have improved enough to ski on some pretty challenging slopes!












What a view





Our group skied up and over the small mountain that our hostel was next to and took a bus over to the big mountain where the world cup races were most recently held.







Let's conquer the mountain






 On the big mountain we got to explore the mountain more extensively on fun and beautiful runs.





On the slopes













Lunch break, yum!















Day two team, going strong


















Victory


In the evening we relaxed by swimming in the pool or sweating it out in the sauna. Getting away from it all never felt so exhausting yet exhilerating! The day after we returned to the city I was so sore I could hardly move, I guess that's the price I pay for such a fantastic weekend! Just another wonderful weekend abroad, what will the next one bring?






So much happiness on the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment